Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice | Calories: 341 | Total Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 12 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 88 mg | Sodium: 451 mg | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 24 g | SmartPoints: 12
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise about 1/4-inch
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara or pasta sauce, (no-sugar added)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- 1 whole egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a mandolin or a knife, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch planks. Place zucchini on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil on front and back, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Combine in a mixing bowl the cottage cheese, parmesan, egg, and mozzarella.
- Layer in a casserole pan, 1-inch marinara, 1/2 of zucchini slices, 1/2 of cheese mixture, then repeat layering being sure to end with cheese on top. NOTE: There may be marinara left over. If so, refrigerate for later use.
- Cover the pan with foil, and bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through.
- Remove the foil and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and basil if desired. Allow lasagna to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Video: Zucchini Lasagna - no noodles - How to Make a Low Carb Lasagna
The Truth About Nitrates: 5 Facts to Know
12 Casual Wedding Dresses for Seriously CoolBrides
Victoria Beckham: I’m not miserable, I’m exhausted
Mueller evidence of Erik Prince Seychelles meeting Russia backchannel
What to do first with your money
Joanna Gaines Makes Her First-Ever Pregnant Appearance on Fixer Upper
How to Use Physical Therapy to Relieve Arthritis Symptoms
New York Fashion Week Spring Beauty Guide: 12 Trends toKnow
5Brain-Cracking Riddles Only the Sharpest Minds Can Solve
Casual Easy Updos: Bar Refaeli Hair Styles
The Male Reproductive System
How to Adopt an Intermittent Fasting Diet
8 Ways To Dress Better This AutumnWinter
Christopher Kane Experiments with the See-Now-Buy-Now Formula with His Fall 2019 RTW Show
11 Incredible Organic Makeup Brands You Need to Try